Debugger R/W Breakpoints are Broken
So it seems that read/write breakpoints are broken. As for steps for reproducing the issue, in Breath of the Wild [US v208] with all DLC I found my arrow count using the memory search, which I verified by changing the value and seeing the amount update in-game, and then decided to see what assembly instruction was modifying that amount when I shot an arrow. So using the PPC Debugger, I set a write breakpoint on the address and shot an arrow which then stopped the game's execution at 0x02eb66c0 which is a lwz which is a load word instruction so there is no way that is modifying the arrow count. Also, I stepped forward one instruction and as expected the arrow count stayed the same. Though, I actually do know that the instruction that writes to the arrow count is at 0x02eb6768 so the debugger is stopping at the wrong assembly instruction.